Sunday, March 21, 2010

San Andres w Suzi!

Suzi and I have been best friends since I moved to Maryland in 6th grade. Eleven years later, we are practically sisters.
She and her boyfriend (Andrew) came to visit me last week. We met up in San Andres, a beautiful Colombian island. While there, I had fun translating for Suzi and teaching her some spanish. We had all kinds of adventures:

We visited the first baptist church in all of South America (and went all the way up to that bell tower to see the entire island),
visited a pond full of crocodiles,
watched a beautiful sunset (island style),
saw where Captain Morgan hid his treasure,
learned a typical island dance,
took a tour around the entire island,
enjoyed clear beautiful water,
snorkeled for 2 hours straight, bought about 10 bottles of sunscreen, played countless games of uno at night, and ate a year's worth of fish and rice.

It was an amazing vacation with two incredible friends. I'll miss you guys...see you in September!
After getting in late last night, I was back to work this morning. I went out to Usme and spent the day there at church and a big planning meeting. I thought novena (9 days before Christmas) was the busiest time of the year here, but I had no idea how important/intense their 8 day Easter celebration was going to be. Brittany and I will spend 3 days in Soacha this weekend and then we'll be at Usme almost every day during holy week. After talking about the long days (holy thursday: 2-9), I'm a little overwhelmed, but really excited!
Love, Kate

1 comment: