Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love to Haiti

I was shocked to find out Tuesday evening about the 7.0-magnitude earthquake in Haiti. I immediately thought about Mallory and Jude, fellow YASCers serving at an Anglican seminary in Port-au-Prince. Brittany and I were very worried about the safety of our friends and of all the people of Haiti. The next day, after many hours of refreshing my email and facebook messages from Curt (another YASCer serving in Ecuador), we were relieved to find out that they were both safe! Please keep Jude, Mallory, all the people of Haiti, and their families in your prayers.
(Mallory is in the middle with the yellow headband. This is from our orientation in Toronto)
(Jude and Emily at our orientation)YASCers 2009-10. I love this group! While waiting to hear about Jude and Mallory, everyone was in touch with eachother from 3 different continents (South America, Africa, and Asia). We are a very close-knit group and are always looking out for each other. For more details and for ways to help Haiti, click here.
Love, Kate

3 comments:

  1. KATE!!!! These pictures just made me cry! This whole situation has been so difficult for me. I have been so worried about Mallory and Jude, and I am so relieved to know that they are ok. Thank you for this blog. I love you and Brittany and I think of you constantly! And Laura-Catherine too!
    KNOW that you are loved all the way from Hong Kong!
    Your sister in Christ,
    ~Maegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the crying Maegan. Thanks Kate. I think we're all rejoicing in our friends' safety and praying fervently for everyone affected by this disaster.

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was great to hear they are safe and home. The Diocese of Chubu is raising money for Haiti as I type. Can not wait to see everyone again in NYC as I think we will have a lot of catching up to do.

    ReplyDelete